Letting my DD run around naked in the back yard?

The past few weeks Ive been battling with my DD about wearing clothes. Its been really hot so we have a little pool in the back yard and she spends all day in the back yard. I put a swimsuit on her and after a little bit she takes it off, any other clothes I put on her, after they get a little wet she will tear them off and refuse to put them back on. So Ive been letting her hang in the pool naked for a little bit every day. Our back yard has a lot of trees on the edges and you cant even see out neighbors. So what do you think?? It wont hurt her to run around naked for a while?? She will be 3 in July, she knows, however, that she cant be naked in public

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 1:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Since your neighbors can't see, I see no problem with it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It is a beautiful thing Momma...don't take pictures hahaha
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Its not a big deal,really.My 2 y/o likes to be naked in the backyard too.At first,i tried to keep the clothes on her..but then figured,hey..why not..only time in her life where she can truly be this free,lol.Besides..saves on lots of wet,stripped off clothes to wash! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thanks girls, I was starting to get worried that Im wierd for letting her do this.
    leksismommy

Comment by leksismommy (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Let her have some fun!! As long as there's privacy for her but don't forget the sunscreen!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i would allow it.... eventually she will grow out of that and fear other ppl seeing her naked enough to wear the suit...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No you're not weird, I think most toddlers go through the naked stage. My yard is a lot like yours, I have neighbors but they can't really see into the yard because of the wooded areas and tree line outlining the property. My girls are 6 and 5 and love their clothes now but they went through that a couple summers ago, now my 3 year old twin boys are doing it!
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 1:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Id let her!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• See, I couldn't do that. I live on the corner and EVERYONE walking/driving by would see my daughter, but if you have the privacy.....let her be free!!! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• as long as your backyard is private and no one else can see her, let her run around naked if she wants too.
    caydensmommy8

Answer by caydensmommy8 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2011