How can I get my friends daughter to realize she has to stop hiding the fact that she hasn't graduated from high school like her friends? she is ashamed at the same time does not want to do what it takes to obtain her diploma

since I am a recruiter my friend asked me to help. I am getting no where with this girl.

miamoma

Asked by miamoma at 1:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Lack of a diploma or GED is going to cause her to hit speed bump after speed bump in life. She will have to catch onto that herself at this point. She has been told now she needs to live and learn.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• The more you and her mother nag her the more she will resist.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• She is the only one it will really effect, yes? Let her feel whatever her actions (or non actions) bring. She'll get the picture. I agree with simplicity though.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Why does it matter? Anywhere that requires a diploma will know.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't think it matters that she hides the fact but she's going to find out that it's hard to get a job without a diploma and then hopefully she'll take the time to obain it.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• She and she alone will suffer the consequences of not finishing her high school years and now she has to learn to deal with trying to hide the truth which will eventually if not already be found out. Oh what a tangled web we weave.....

meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You may be a recruited, but you are not recruiting her. Until she hits her first block where not completing HS or getting her GED prevents her from getting a job or doing something she wants to....she'll figure it out quickly.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Give her time, she will figure it out on her own that she needs to get it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• She needs to know that getting her ged is not the end of the world.it doesnt make her dumb or less of a person.that people going for their ged range from all ages.in the end she is hurting herself does she want to go to college? Cant force her to finish but you can try to tell her where she can go right now and just finish it.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 2:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011