How can you get rid of an old friend who is doing nothing with their life or time without hurting their feelings and falling out with them?

miamoma

Asked by miamoma at 1:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Um..this is kind of hard. Why does it matter to you whether she is making anything out of her life.. As long as she isn't bringing you down..it shouldn't matter.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Just because they are doing nothing with their life doesnt mean they cant be a good friend, unless they are constantly asking you for help or support
    Anonymous

• Well, you probably can't. But it's kind of like a dead end relationship, sometimes you just have to end things and someone is going to get their feelings hurt. If you really don't want to be friends with someone anymore, you can either just come out and say it or you can just start putting distance between you- not hanging out, not returning phone calls, etc. It's unfortunate, but if someone is not good friend material then why waste your time with them? I'm not trying to be mean and I assume you have good reasons for not wanting to be friends with this person anymore.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Please note when u said get raid of....It also means having ntn to do with them...So falling out shouldn't be a problem...
    I agree with supremommyy nothing to do with their time doesn't mean can't be a good friend...unless they are a nag...
    johnsonbaby03

Answer by johnsonbaby03 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• what do you consider doing nothing??
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree, if she's not dragging you down, why end the friendship?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If you are tired of being her friend quit accepting invitations to meet with her or do things with her, block her phone number, delete her from facebook, and then send her an email and say "you are doing nothing with your life or time and I don't want to bother to be friends with you anymore". How's that sound?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• why does it matter to you what she does with her life, a friend is someone who you click with , like to hang out with, makes you smile ,someone who is honest , caring, understanding,etc. this sounds petty and a sad reason to quit being friends with someone.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 1:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If she is making crap out of her life, then I would leave her in the dust, but I would also try and maybe be like hey do you really think that what your doing is right? If and when she responds and doesnt seem to care how she is handling her life, then yoiu have no reason to keep the relationship going! Good Luck!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 1:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• no for real... what is your definition of nothing.. cuz everyday somebody asks me; what are you doing? and i reply nothing.. when in reality i've cleaned a 3 bedroom house, two bedroom apartment, taken care of three kids, my mom, my SO and roomate, cooked for 6, gone shopping and taken kids to athletics or other crap.. just because you think she's doing nothing doesnt mean she is...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011