Does anyone know why siblings fight over things when parents become ill and suddenly leave them.

the house, the car, the money, it was never there's to begin with.

miamoma

Asked by miamoma at 1:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Good people don't do that.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• All kinds of people do that both Good and Bad. I'd like to think it was grief, but in most cases its purely GREED.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• sense of entitlement and greed mostly.. is stupid but people do it none the less...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I wish I knew this answer so I could understand why I feel like I don't even know half of my family members anymore :( When you get a good answer, fill me in. I've given up. They can keep their money and possessions, and I can keep my dignity.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• because their parents didnt make a detailed will....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I watched this happen to my family in December. My grandfather died. My mom and dad paid for the funeral. They got more debt and legal issues (house with new wife living in it in Texas where you can't evict.) now they're stuck with 2 mortgages they can't pay. The rest of the family has disowned us (I'm thier kid so that makes me an accomplice?!) because they got "everything"! The truth is my dads younger brother got everything. Over 200 thousand in cash! He has since spent that on heroin. I don't get it. This should be a non issue. My parents obviously didn't ask for the house or the problems that came with it. Doesn't "family" mean anything?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 1:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If both parents are gone- If thats the case- my condolences- then everything will probably need to go thru the courts. If it cant be worked out. Everything should be split equally between the children. I would grab a beer- or coke- and a pizza and try to make amends with the other siblings and see what everyone can work out.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 1:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• This will be a huge fight when my gma goes. My mom and 2 of her 3 sisters are greedy wenches. The third sister will take what ever she is given and blow it on $1 Shoppe "goodies" and have nothing left after the first month. My mom and the other 2 sisters will fight over who got what and when, they will sell any possessions, and use the money on new cars and house and expensive vacations.

However, the family of whomever goes first, gma, or her husband, won't see a dime, or picture.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011