What are your objections to trunk shows

I host trunk shows and I want to give a different perspective of the usual "home parties" our trunk shows are really fun, easy and the hostess always receives a generous gift.

Do we go to malls ? yes, we do it all the time . Do we go into the stores we know we can't afford? I do it all the time, but it was my option nobody push me to do it. Do I buy things in stores from Target, McDonald's, any store, everything I choose to do is my own doing.

This is how I feel about social shopping, I can go and look, and admire and have fun with my friends, maybe meet new ones , maybe Ill buy something I really loved! not because you feel obligated because you went to the party now you feel you have to buy you simply trully liked it .
Our parties are about fun, if you buy great if not that's ok too, your hostess will not be mad she is your friend ......

inspired123

Asked by inspired123 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Shopping

• First, I have no problem with this kind of sales strategy. Really. However, these days I just don't have much discretionary money for the kinds of things sold at parties or trunk shows. I fear I will waste the time of the salesperson who is trying to make some income this way. At another stage in my life, I probably would have bought something (I like jewelry as much as the next woman!) but right now I choose not to. I feel your pain as the salesperson because I'm exactly the demographic you'd like attending your trunk show and there are probably other two-income professionals out there who are in the same boat I'm in.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Never heard of this before. Do you actually sell things out of your trunk? Do you sell a particular type of products or random things? When I hear Party and Hostess, I think Pampered Chef. Is it like that?
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I only sell jewelry, will be introducing bags in the fall. I know people think of the pamper chef parties, the idea is similar you host the trunk show I will bring my samples and people will look at the jewelry some will order, others will not, others will want to host their own show so that they can receive the free jewelry. but the ultimate is that you had a great night out with firends, great for bridal parties, birthdays is something different. No presentations, no pushing people to buy . Take a look at the store tell me what you rthink :)

Take a look at my webbsite www.stelladot.com/inspired,
    inspired123

Comment by inspired123 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• So I'm guessing that a "trunk show" is kind of like a tupperware party. The reason why I hate these is because I do feel pressured to buy something I don't want and to pay too much for it. I do like to window shop, but I will promptly leave a store (even if I had intentions of purchasing something) when the sales staff gets too pushy. I have yet to go to any kind of selling party where I didn't feel that the hostess or often times her boss (the other person doing the party with her who I don't usually know) is being very pushy about getting you to purchase something. I've seen these for clothing, jewelry, home decor, make up, food and even adult items. I turn down all invites to these kinds of things.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• scoutmom, I agree. I never go to these things. I would not ever host one, I'd be embarrassed to put my friends in that position.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sorry you feel that way, I know what you mean about being pushy I am not! At all I was one that hated these parties too but I found a comfort zone with this company and I am happy. I research the prices if the jewelry with Khols and Macy's pretty much same prices so I felt comfortable with the prizes I do not want to offer something that is overpriced or not worth the money. And you don't have to buy if you dont want too, nobody should get upset at that. Thanks fir your opinion :)
    inspired123

Comment by inspired123 (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Wow! You guys are harsh :) I didn't realized thus was sn embarrassment to do, I guess I wanted opinions and I got them. Well I sm bot embarressed I feel your friends are suppose to support you in your endeavors I support my friends in personal and business matters and I don't feel embarrassed or obligated. I love what I do and I am very genuine in how I offer my trunk shows, anyone can say yes or no but not have such a negative feeling as if it was shameful. Again thank you fir your input, I don't take things personal so please don't take my comments personal either. :)
    inspired123

Comment by inspired123 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thank you. I understand about the economy, so far I am doing very well thanks
    inspired123

Comment by inspired123 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011