Do the opinions of this poll reflect your own?

Do you think it is very likely, somewhat likely, not very likely, or not likely at all that another depression like that will occur in the U.S. within the next 12 months?

President Barack Obama’s overall approval rating has dropped below 50 percent as a growing number of Americans worry that the U.S. is likely to slip into another Great Depression within the next 12 months, according to a new national poll.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as President?

"Forty-eight percent of people questioned say they approve of w the president is handling his duties in the White House, down six points from late May. An equal 48 percent say they disapprove of how Obama's performing, up three points from late last month.

The poll indicates a slight deterioration among Democrats and independent voters, with the president's approval rating among Democrats down three points to 82 percent and down five points among independents to 42 percent.

"But far and away his biggest drop has come among Republicans. In May, over a quarter approved of President Obama's handling of his job, but that is down to 14 percent now, a clear indication that any advantage he gained from taking out Osama bin Laden has faded with time," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• not very likely we will have a depression
    disaprove of Obama's job performance
    I don't rely too much on polls but I think the numbers out recently are really putting Dick in a bad place and likely he will stay there.
    Unless he sends out checks to individuals to buy a vote and kills a terrorist monthly, his numbers will continue to plummit.
    I really think on Jan. 20,2013 the news commentators will remark
    " ...Obama's Presidency will go down as one of the more troubled/failed in U.S. History" mark my words.
    Anonymous

• Not very likely to great depression.

Disappointment but not disapproval for Obama.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Depression could happen, it is happening for millions of people already - no job, no money, losing their homes, living with relatives, standing in food lines, eating in soup kitchens, going without many or some of what most of us deem basic necessities.

I have never approved of anything Obama has done. I do not follow politics that closely - but I've never read anything he's done that I agree with.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Not very likely, simply because so many factors went into making the Great Depression and I don't see all of those factors lining up again.

Disapprove of the way BO is handling his job and just looking forward to the opportunity to get someone new in office in 2012.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't worry about a depression and don't think one will occur...

I do NOT approve of Obama's job as President.
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't approve of Obama's job as President.
    I fall somewhere between "likely" and "very likely" that a depression will occur.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 1:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No depression
    I'm not happy with Obama, but for very different reasons than the far right conservatives
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think another depression is possible and if government operates like it has for the last couple of years it will be likely.

Disapprove of Obama, but my stance has not changed on that (I have always disapproved of him).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Not very likely to great depression.

I am Ok with Obama, the things that I disagree with him on I knew in 2008 his stance was different than mine

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Depression is possible not necessarily imminent, but possible.

No I do not and have not ever approved of Obama, he has never been qualified for the job.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2011