How did your man treat you while you were in labor? Share your stories!

Or, if you are expecting for the first time like me... How do you think he will treat you.

I want to know if I am being naive or not. My SO takes care of me really well and treats me like his little princess, I am rather positive that he will be great during labor and delivery. But... might I be wrong?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 6:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My DH was AMAZING. We were totally connected, and we were there for a really long time too. I was induced on Thursday eve and didn't have my baby until 7 pm Sunday night by c section. He was right there with me the whole time. He knew when a contractionw as starting just by looking at me and would hold my hands and look into my eyes as long as i needed him to (the pitocin contractions NEVER end). He was more than I ever could have imagined. I lucked out when I met him!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• omg i got induced so it took awhile so im here in pain and hes off sleeping not really takling 2 me then when i start pushing he was helping hold my legs and stuff so was part of it but he simmed scard the entire time i dunno
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i mean seemed
    butterscotch297

• He was nice to me.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My dh was great. I got induced and had to be there the night before. We THOUGHT theyd let us get up and walk around but we were stuck in the room. Anyway when we could get up we walked around, and then they decided I needed pitocin and that sucked. The pains got bad and they ended up messing up my epidural and he was so great in getting them back in there. Hes a quiet man so I know that wasnt his normal thing. Anyway when she was finally born he cried and said "Shes breathing". It was very special because his son died two years earlier, he was a premie. He was probably more scared and nervous then me.

Answer by gemgem at 6:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Ha, i went for a reg. appt and never left then i got induced and before they broke my water my SO disappeared.. i kept calling him becuz i wanted him to be their for that, and he got so scared he was standing outside in the rain. he finally came in when thye were doing the epidural.. omg that shit hurt! :( but he held me hand and they put the needle in an i bit him.. then they decided this isnt happening like this so they said emergency c-section well thye gave him the stuff to go in their but at the last moment no one was their becuz the docs were being asses! but he was the first person i saw after i came out of the anestsia(SP) but yeah he was amazing! i bit his thumb and he didnt even cry when it bled! :)
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My husband was great during both deliveries. He stayed right by my side during and after got me whatever I wanted. He even went to my baby shower for me when I went into labor early and was in the hospital.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My fiance was awesome. i had to have a c section so that was hard enough to deal with he assured me that it was best for the safety of the baby and i.
    mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 6:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• he slept the hole time until they decided to do a c-sec then he was awake and worried
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• He was really good. He stayed with me the whole time except when he went out to get something to eat or drink in the lobby. He also brought me ice and asked me if I needed pillows or anything. Then when the pushing came he was right there also.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008