Wedding guest

OK so on Saturday I'm attending the wedding of a friend from middle/high school. We haven't been close in several years but I'm touched she invited me :) My husband just started a new job and now will not be available to go with me. So...my only other date is another one of my friends from high school. She also knew and got along with the bride, but was not invited because, probably just because they were never close and it's been years since high school. Would it be tacky to bring her? Should I ask the bride first? Problem is, the only way I have to contact her is through Facebook and I think that might just be a little weird lol. What should I do? I want to go but I don't want to attend alone :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Did you receive a written invitation? Was it addressed to you and your husband, or you and a guest. If it wasn't a written delivered invite I wouldn't go at all, and if it was addressed specifically to you and your husband I would not bring a friend. I wouldn't go regardless...she's just looking for gifts and or money.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• What did the invite say? Mr and Mrs, or You Plus 1?
    If it's Mr and Mrs, YES ask first, and actually I would just assume no and not ask.
    If it's plus one she is giving you more of a playing field. As long as you don't think there is any reason that she wouldn't like her, it should be OK.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Contact the bride and explain that your DH has to work that day if she wouldn;t mind you bringing a friend along for company..I'm assuming you already RSVP'd for you and a guest right? so she;s expecting that. Why would it be weird sending her a PM through FB?
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If she thinks you are bringing a + 1 why would she mind if it's a friend from high school? I don't think she'll mind.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think you need to ask the bride first
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You have to ask the bride first, You can ask on facebook, just explain like you did here.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Oh no I receieved an actual invitation lol. I was OFFICIALLY invited! It was addressed just to me, with an option to bring a guest but nothing was ever in my husbands name. I just RSVPed for me plus one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I just don't know if it'd be weird because I'm bringing someone she knows but who was not invited. She never had anything against the friend I want to bring or anything, they just weren't as close as I was with either one of them. Friend triangle I guess you could say lol. I just didn't want to make anything awkward on her wedding day...maybe I'm overrthinking this lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Wow meeoma since when is having guests attend your wedding just looking for gifts and money?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes I'd take your friend. You got the invitation for yourself and a guest. Go and have a blast:)
    mama777

Answer by mama777 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011