Do you have a friend.......

that has made awesome life bettering choices that you admire? My friend has overcome childhood traumas, gotten married, finished nursing school at the top of her class, she quit smoking and eats sooooooooo healthy. I'm so proud of her!!! I wish I could get just an ounce of her determination!!

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 1:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• My best friend was called the whore in highschool and she did a lot of drugs. She had a kid, lives with her fiance, goes to nursing school, and is bettering herself everyday. I've always thought she was a beautiful person, even though her decisions weren't all that great for her, but she had a baby and completely turned around. Shes doing so great. Shes actually talked me into going into nursing haha. Which I will when my baby is old enough to not need me all the time.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yep, some of us were talking about this very thing today at lunch.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes. Her name is Karen. She gave birth to her son december of 09, 12 weeks premature. He went through 4 open heart surgeries, blood infections, set backs... And about 2 weeks frobringing him home, after 9 months of fighting for him in the NICU, his heart stopped beating. She was devastated. But she used the experience to motivate her life, and is now in the top of her nursing class, on her way to becoming a NICU nurse. I am so proud of her and admire all the things she is accomplishing with "Mason (her son) as her guide". She is truly inspirational.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my friend angie. she has wanted to lose wieght and she goes to the gym even though she works full days she sets goals and meets them and even though he loser BF had carpal surgery, she still is with him, he didnt have a job at all and he lives with his parents and still does to him complaining how sucky his now job at the dollar store is. She used to pay for him and his ways and even his weed because she cares about him that much.

She goes through hell with him giving her such low self esteem and calling her stupid and she sticks sticks it out. why? idk that is why she's my BFF.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I do. She is not a close friend, but I have watched her lose a ton of weight, start running in marathons, and start law school. She is amazing!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yes i always look at those friends as inpirations those friends are the ones who give you hope !!!!
    mom3902

Answer by mom3902 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011