Is it ok to give 6 month old a veggie&fruit for dinner? I'm using gerber 1st foods. She's a very good eater&always hungry...

gapeach3510

Asked by gapeach3510 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it is ok to give her that.
    You can also pure or mash down whatever you are eating (minus most spices/seasonings) and have her eat that too
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• * purre...am I spelling that right? lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I personally didn't give fruit right away it was only veggies and then after a while meats. But no fruits. especailly at 6 months, but every parent is different. I know they say that giving fruit before meats, could change their eating habits, but then again every baby is different. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes! There are actually very few calories in the baby food, so alot of babes that age will eat two containers of the 1st food along with their milk.

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Of course.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• if she has already been eating veggies...it's usally 1 food every few days or a wk. and your supposed to start with veggies first. If she's been eating these then yeah not a big deal.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If hunger at night is a problem try giving him a small bowl of rice cereal and a veggie, that should keep his tummy full for a while. Stay away from fruit for a little bit, get him used to veggies first
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sure you can do that.

With my almost 6mo, we BF first then do some of a fruit for breakfast - we do the same for dinner, bf first then some veggies.
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yeah :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2011