If I was overdue with my last baby, will this one also be 'late'?

My first boy was born at about a week past his due date. I am now at 38 weeks with my second child (a boy) and am getting SO uncomfortable - plus trying to chase my now 2 1/2 year old around. Everyone keeps saying I'll probably go past my due date "Cause that's how it works if your other one was born past due" ... This is not helping my patience. What's the experience with you moms? Has your second child arrived late (or early) like your first one, or was it different with each?

(could use some encouragement here - i want the baby to come out when he's good, healthy and ready ... but, I also dread the thought of going past due again)

MariposaKsr

Asked by MariposaKsr at 1:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had my first at 41 weeks (was induced) and I went into labor with my second at 38 weeks. All depends on when baby is ready. I am pregnant with baby 3 and am 25 weeks. I am already having horrible braxton hicks that are more uncomfortable than I ever experienced with my other two. I also have already lost my mucus plug. I hope I at least make it to 36 weeks :/
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Theres no way to tell, he'll come when he is ready. Has your ob checked if you are dialated at all or if your cervix is thinned out. Your doctor will probably give you a good guess when they check you out
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• With my 1st I was induced a week after my due date. My doctor said she has seen a pattern of women who have to be induced with their first after their due date, usually have to with other pregnancies too. With my 2nd I was induced after my due date again. And I was even showing signs the whole pregnancy of pre-term labor and having a lot of contractions early, but they were never close enough together to be labor. I know how you feel b/c I was busy working full time and taking care of a busy 2 1/2 year old and was kind of shocked I didn't go in labor on my own, being that busy.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I was 5 days over due with my first then my second i was 12 days early.
    Rpchic03

Answer by Rpchic03 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My first was 6 days overdue and my second came exactly one week EARLY! Every baby and pregnancy is different! I worried about the same thing! Good luck!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 4:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011