Baby name problem?

You tell me if this is a problem. My last name is Martin. We want to name our son Bradley. Bradley Martin. Sounds fine, right?

My mom thinks we shouldn't because then his initials will be BM, as in bowel movement. Does BOWEL MOVEMENT come to mind when you see/hear the name Bradley Martin? Or any name with the initials BM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Baby Names

• Not at all. Someone will think of something bad for every name. I like Bradley.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Now it does..lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I did not notice it until you mentioned it but I am not a dirty minded 12 year old boy. lol. The point is it doesn't matter how careful we are some kid is going to figure out a way to make fun of another child's name or initials... I don't think their is one safe name. I think iot is a nice name.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• But only because I pointed it out, right? I mean Bette Midler is famous and no one ever thinks of bowel movements when you hear about her, or do they? :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Oh heavens...I can think of a phrase for everyones initials! Don't let her stop you from naming your precious baby what you want.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't think I would. It's like mompam said though they will probably still think of something. Bm would just make it alot easier for them.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes..only because you mentioned it.. Heck my initials are K.P.. Kinda like Kitty Poop!l lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Blake? I thought you said Bradley?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Woops sorry, I was just talking to my friend Blake on the phone and typed it airheadedly - no I don't like Blake for boy, even though it is a boy's name. I meant Bradley. LOL. Wow, I am losing it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Going to delete that....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011