Christian/Tristan

My husband has an 18-yr-old son from a previous marriage named Christian. I want to name our next child Tristan if it is a boy. Do you think because these names sound a lot alike that we shouldn't name a new baby Tristan? They are so far apart in age, and it is not the same name. Plus, I have always loved the name Tristan and can't think of any other names for boys I like as much.... But I just want some honest opinions here. Would it be... weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Baby Names

• Not loving Tristan, kind of sounds like a medication. How about naming him after your DH or Tyler?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thanks, but not what I asked! ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I like the name and what is important is you do. The names are pretty close but who cares? My best friend named her daughters Sabrina and Katrina and they are only 11 months apart. It really is not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things.

Answer by gemgem at 2:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We have a 1 1/2 year old with a completely different sounding name. Not sure if that makes it weirder or not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I like the name Tristan, and since they are so far apart in age, it isn't like anyone is going to confuse them. THe new baby will be close to the 1 1/2 year old and you said their names are different, so I don't see a problem.
    Georgie_Peaches

Answer by Georgie_Peaches at 2:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think it's fine.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think they are way to similar sounding
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't think they are too close. I'm not going to lie...they ARE pretty close, but at least they aren't rhyming names. Why not ask the big brother how he would feel about the new baby being named something similar to him?
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 3:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Since they are so far apart in age I don't think it would be a big deal.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I like Tristan and I think it's okay to use it.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011