How to get hubby's ring size w/o asking him?

I want to get DH a ring for father's day but asking him his ring size will spoil the surprise and I just can't remember it. IDK if he would remember it either. Is there a way I can measure or look at his wedding ring to find out? I can't take his ring for a whole day to ask a jewelry store so preferably some easy way to measure at home while he's at the gym or something.

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 2:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Shopping

• Does he always wear his ring? if you can get it for bit trace it on a piece of paper...not sure if you go by inside or oute side...i would assume inside,but they should be able to get it that way. if not buy it and then get it sized.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Go to a website that sells jewelry. Most of them have a ring size chart for buying rings.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Take his ring and place it on a piece of paper. Draw the outline onthe inside of the ring. Take it to the jewelry store and they should be able to measure it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Go to a jewelry store and play around and be like honey I think that ring would look good on you and have him try it on....then ask the jeweler when he isn't looking what his ring size is you can pose it as maybe we should get a new special set of rings for next aniversy as a thought nothing right now honey or ask him if his finger swell in the summer and fake like yours do and ask what size he usually wears....just sneaky ways I guess =)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 2:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If you remember where you got your rings sometimes they have sales records. It would tell you what size you ordered.

Answer by gemgem at 2:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Trace the inside of his wedding ring on a piece of paper. But that will only tell you his left ring finger's size. He already has a ring there, right?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i used a string while he was sleeping
    mrs.pyle

Answer by mrs.pyle at 7:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would go with the string idea and then measure it
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 7:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I've always heard it's their shoe size...both ours are correct.
    Interesting....anyway, here's a an article about it:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5881869_measure-ring-size-her-knowing.html
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• what they said
    mommyof3isme

Answer by mommyof3isme at 11:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011