copy cat

so my daughtter is 18 months and she is copying everything i do..which at first i thought awwwwww how cute!! and then she started finger pointing,..and then i realized she got that from me! and then she nows hits more,..i dont hit her but i think she may just do that because she gets angery.i do have a short temper but i want her to be a happy child!:) and i need some tips on how to handle my anger when she does something bad..any ideas?

amysmomma505

Asked by amysmomma505 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They are copy cats at that age and it gets worse ... especially if you let a fowl word loose every once in a while. My 2 year old has now added "Oh, Sh..!" "Pain in the a$$!" "Bull Sh...!" "Oh Buck!" (cause he can't say f's) to his vocab. He uses them correctly too. When you do things and she copy cats them don't laugh, don't repeat, don't react! Ignore it if they get no reaction they are unlikely to repeat. I have subed a few words like sugar for the other s word and so forth. As for smacking I don't hit my son either and he does that too so I say ouch you hurt me and act like I"m going to cry and say "do nice" and "easy" he copies those words too. When he got his hair cut he kept telling them "easy, easy" it just takes a while.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Thats funny. I was listening to a song that said " Zima, F*%K that S**T " and he started saying it over and over. And no I dont want him talking like that, but I cant help but laugh. It was so funny.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 12:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2008