Do you care if someone else wears the same outfit or perfume as you?

I never thought much about it, but a friend of mine was mad as heck when someone she knew started wearing the same perfume. She was complaining that she'd just bought some and now she couldn't use it since what's her name started wearing it.

would this bother you?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• The dress thing happened once at a party (a big political dinner, actually) and before I could say anything, the lady walked up to me and said "we have great taste in clothes, don't we?"
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Nope. I just assume that the other person has good tastes!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Not at all.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Perfume? No. Alot of perfumes are just in style so people will wear them. It isnt like the smell is made for just one person. Clothes? It depends. I dont like going somewhere and seeing someone where the same thing I have on I feel weird. I also dont like when friends buy the same shirt or whatever I have bought. I get a stalker vibe from it.

Answer by gemgem at 2:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Perfume, no it would not bother me. I would think "oh they must really like that kind too". As for clothes, it would only bother me if she were someone that I could not stand or if she was thinner (than me) and if she looked better in the outfit than I do....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• nope, sounds like your friend is still stuck in a high school mentality
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 2:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Perfume. No. If someone purposely wore the same outfit as me I'd be a little weirded out, and if someone happened to accidently wore the same outfit I might be a little embarrased but I wouldn't be MAD.
    Anonymous

• Uhm perfume nope.. Clothes.. Well, it bugs me if I am at a party and someone else is wearing the same dress! That's why I always send them to be confectioned from dresses I see on the red carpet!
    Vian.aram

Answer by Vian.aram at 3:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• perfume, no, I would be surprised if no one was wearing it (I wear patchouli) and in my group of friends it is a popular choice. as far as clothes, I am plus size so my friend and I shop at the same places, we sometimes end up with the same shirt, but never in the same color. But I wouldn't care, it happens.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'd feel kinda silly if we're at the same place with the same outfit, but it wouldn't kill me.. And as for perfume, hell no!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011