Spacing between kids?

What size age gap do you think is best? Before I had a baby I thought 3-4 years was optimum spacing. Now that I have a child, I find myself yearning to give her a a brother or sister within the next year.My dd is only 7 1/2 months. Whats your spacing like, and are you pleased with it or do you regret having them to close or to far apart?

Mrs.Gallegos649

Asked by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine are 8, 10 and 12. It was a little rough when they were younger. It is great now though, they get along pretty good.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We tried really hard for a 2 year space between the boys. Four years was what we got.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have my 1st 2, 4 yrs apart.... then 2nd and 3rd a yr apart...... I have enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd being a yr apart for many reasons really and they are now 18 and 19 and still the best of friends
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 2:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I feel the same way! My son is going to be four my boyfriend and I really want to have another!! I feel like im being selfish by not giving him a sibling! If I wait anylonger to have another my son is going to be so much older I am afraid they wouldnt have a relationship with eachother.
    jaydonsmommy75

Answer by jaydonsmommy75 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Both my set of children are 11 months apart...
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think 2 1/2 years is great. that is what my second 2 are. My first 2 are 8 years apart.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My children are 16 months apart. It is a struggle especially, right now bc they are still so young. But I love it, they are so close and they love each other. Its great they play with each other and learn form each other. They are best friends.

styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 2:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Mine are almost 17 months apart, now my youngest is 10 months and I'm pregnant again, this time two and three will be 16 months apart. I'll have three kids under the age of three. We wanted them close, and it feels like this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now. It's crazy but I just wanted to get my pregnant/nursing years all out of the way. :)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Mine are 16, 25, and 21 months apart. I'm happy, I wanted mine close together.
    Anonymous

• dd is 7 ss is 6
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011