A part of my kids body has disappeared and I'm just now noticing!!!!!

I've been sitting here with my son for hours...I've changed him several times, nursed him several times, and he's been laying in my lap for at least an hour in just his diaper sleeping and I'm just now noticing that his umbilical cord stump has fallen off!!! lol..1st question: Where the hell has my mind been all day that I'm just now noticing this! I know it's kind of funny but I'm feeling a little bad about that...I've been holding him all day and I'm JUST now noticing that a part of his body is missing! What the hell??? 2nd question: Where the hell is it??? I've looked everywhere me and him have been in the house and I can't find it! lol

Has anything like this ever happened to you? Where you don't notice something SUPER important thats right in front of your face? lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• LoL.. I remember when my daughters fell off .... I looked all over the house and couldnt find it.... 4 or 5 hours later my mom comes over and goes " what is on your shirt?" lol --- it was stuck to me the whole time ! lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 3:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Do you have a cat or dog? They might have eaten it!!!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It's going to turn up somewhere gross, like in your bed!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No worries, Its the newborn mommy brain thing- ya know- sleep deprivation & all! :p I was thinking what some of the other moms were thinking- like it's in a diaper, an article of clothing, on the floor, in the crib, etc. Or, like mompam said, maybe a pet of yours had a little snack! eww! If you wanted a keepsake, you'll just have to settle for a lock of hair from his 1st hair cut, & his 1st tooth. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Wow, that fell off fast!! I bet its just lack of sleep and enjoying looking at your new angel and you've been so used to seeing your other child without it for so long..!Lol!~ Where could it be.. did you check with your other child...ewe... lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I didn't notice right away with my son, but because he was a darker skinned little baby it wasn't at noticable right away. Plus, you're probably tired and not as alert as usual lol. It happens!
    Anonymous

• It would not be out of the question to find it in the laundry . .. LOL!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Prob in his diaper :) It's okay, it happens sometimes.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 3:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• DD's fell off really early, and i didn't notice til i found it in the foot park of her jammies when i changed her clothes! lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 3:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Okay ladies your totally grossing me out...if I find out my dog ate it or find it in my bed I'm going to have a total freak out! LOL
    @GivingTreeMommy...it's an innie...thank God cause I have an outie and I hate it! lol
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011