Ooops ate pb and j sandwich a little over an hour before my glucose sreen test... does it matter?

so my appointment is today at 2:50pm and i ate a pb and j w/o thinking around 1:20. does it really matter? what will happen? i dont want to have to reschedule my appointment bc my husband is already on his way home to be with our other two kids while im at the appt. i had very eay perfect pregnancies before.... do not really have any risk factors for gestational diabetes..... should i just drink the stuff when it is time... and not worry about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call the lab and ask. Or call your OB/midwife's office and ask. You don't want a false reading.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• no you should contact your dr and let them know what you did..most likely you will have to reschedule
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If you were scheduled for a fasting test, then yes- you will have to reschedule the appt. Next time, make it a morning appt, so it wont be so hard to fast all day. Hopefully hubby understands & you can enjoy your afternoon together! :) GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My instructions for my glucose screening says to eat as normal. Some doctors do have you fast. I would just check with your OB.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Unfortunately, if your test where you were required to fast, they'll probably reschedule. But, you can always call your doctor to make sure.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 4:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I just did mine and ate a bagel and cream cheese. Unless they told you to fast you will be fine.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I ate at Wendy's right before I drank that nasty stuff and it was fine. My doc told me to eat as I normally do for mine. This is my 2nd pregnancy. With my daughter I had to do a 1 hour glucose test around 8 weeks prego and another 1 hour test at 28 weeks and then a 3 hours test at 28 weeks. For the 3 hour test you have to fast. But call your doctor just to make sure.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011