So annoying !

My brothers girlfriend is driving me crazy ! She is pregnant with her first baby ( and I have 2 ) she will ask me pregnancy questions but then when i tell her the answer she always says " oh no, that going to happen to me" and then just disagrees with everything i say , even if I say an actual fact, she will argue about it until she is blue in the face because " thats not what she heard" ... For example, her doctor told her they couldnt see the gender at her 18 week ultrasound ( the baby was turned the wrong way ) ... so of course than meant NO ONE , EVER has found out the gender before then. ( which means I am lying that I found out both of mine at 16 weeks ).. also even though she has had 5 ultrasounds ( 3 my brother had to pay out of pocket for) because she just knows she is having twins and the other is hiding, because she is so huge ( she is actually pretty small and her doctor has told her several times that 100% sure there is only 1 baby)

Today I have gotten several texts like usual throughout the day ( now I only answer a few ) ... but she is arguing with me because she believes her due date IS the say the baby will come... I tried to tell her only a small percent of people actually have the baby on the due date...and since she is already have blood pressure problems, she will probably have her a little sooner... well that is when hell breaks loose and she goes on and on about how she honestly thinks the baby will be like 2 weeks late... I said usually they will want to induce you because going that much over can also cause problems, then she says " no my mom had me at 43 weeks and I was better off then " ( i forgot to mention she is also a constant liar---- she told us before she was a real early preemie as well, but I guess she forgot that ) ....

and now she is still sending text after text telling me there is no way she will have this baby before her due date ( in september).. and even though I have said " ok ok " ... she still continues to send them...

I cannot wait until that baby comes so maybe I can get some peace !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• hahaha!...just sit back and wait. she'll find out the truth sooner than she's prepared for it. then you can have a big ol' bellybuster from it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• LOL..remind yourself that she's hormonal and she'll figure out all the truths of pregnancy on her own,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• LMAO!!! I'm sorry mama I feel your pain but that is freaking hilarious! It sounds like she's just super excited about the baby and wants to make sure all the attention is on her and her baby no matter what...so she's making a big deal out of everything and disagreeing with everything else as a reason to keep talking about the baby...I know it HAS to be annoying but it will be over soon....well unless she kicks it up a notch once the baby is born LOL...I'm sorry your on the receiving end of her crazy though lol. Good luck honey
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You think you will get peace AFTER she has her baby?! Think again- cuz next it'll be questions, & comparisons about her baby & yours! I can just hear it now! You poor thing! I dont know what to tell you except to ignore her texts & screen your calls. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Ok, well actually I KNOW there wont be peace after the baby comes... she was like this before ( just not as bad ) ... i didnt realzie all the "problems" she will need help with when the baby comes... I can only imagine !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Stop engaging her in conversation. Just nod your head and say okay...really...good for you, or some other very general non committal response.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Well I honestly don't know how early you can actually tell what the sex is. . .I didn't find out until the 20 wk appointment. But there were a lot of complications. As for the rest. . . while I would like to say it is different for everyone and the doctors will tell each one a slightly different tale. . . I gotta say WOW!!! I am very proud of you. . . you must have the patients of a pro, cause I would have already slapped her. If she has BP issues yes, most likely she will go a bit early otherwise they for sure will induce as to not risk her or the baby. . . If she is told otherwise I think she needs a new OBGYN. JMHO.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 3:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Aye aye aye! LOL!

Just in preparation, I would go out and get her the book, "Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, 5th Edition: Birth to Age 5".

You can get it on Amazon. It has everything in it she will ever need.

That way, when she calls, you could say, "What did the book say?" Then, she'll stop bothering you and arguing.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Oh that sounds fun!
    Just tell her, very , that if she is going to argue every point you make, she can find someone else to ask
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• make a bet with her and tell her okay look if i am right i get to name ur baby any name I want BUT if u are right and that baby comes ON the due date then I will buy the baby the first winter coat
    sweetsone

Answer by sweetsone at 7:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011