Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Do i need to take him to the er?

My husband has been sick for 4 days throwing up cant eat or drink..the dr said she thinks he has a bacterial infection but it could be his gall bladder.. His temp is 101 an he is hurting in his back an on his right side.. I gave him tylenol about 45 minutes ago..

Answer Question

Asked by kiki637 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

Level 7 (168 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • If he can't keep anything down he's at risk for dehydration which can get bad quick...for that alone it would be worth the er trip

    Answer by happymama02 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • If it were bacterial she should have given him antibiotics. I'd take him to the ER

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • I would at least go to an urgent care clinic. They can refer him to the Er if they feel it is necessary.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 3:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • ER!!!

    Answer by Kirs at 3:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • My Gall bladder attackes were random & not consistant pain for days & no vomiting. But if you bring him to the ER they can do a simple Ultrasound of his gallbladder & see if he has stones. They will do blood work also & if his liver enzymes are elevated then that is probably what it is but the ultrasound will show them.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • Right side pain could be his appendix too. That's not fun to deal with if it bursts either! I had that happen last summer! I had the constant puking, coulding eat or drink anything and extreme pain. I say take him in!

    Answer by MommaTurbo at 3:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • Could also be kidney stones which cause terrible pain and vomiting. Feels like a red hot poker going through you. Get him to the ER.

    Answer by MegMurry at 3:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • She gave him meds but his temp was 98.1 when we got to the drs office an within 45 minutes it jumped to 101 this dr tht saw him has been known to tell her patients u have this an it be something else. For example she tld a women she had a huge cysts an it wld have to be removed by surgery an this women went to the er an she was pregnant it wasnt a cysts. So idk what to do.. My husband isnt one to go to the dr so i know something is wrong with him

    Comment by kiki637 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • I would take him somewhere whether it be another dr Urgent cars or the ER

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • Go to the ER, they will find the root of the problem. Whether it is gallbladder, kidney stones, appendix etc. Blood work will tell a lot. You'll be there a while but at least you'll know what it is. Then ask them in the Hospital for the name of another General Practitioner that they recommend in your area & dump the Dr. you have. She should have already set your DH up to be tested & not just sent you home with no definitive explanation or appointments with specialists.


    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.