Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

State farm insurance? HELPPPPPP

I was wondering if anyone has state farm car insurance and if you do is there somewhere in your policy that says if you vehicle is stolen and hits another car they will not cover the damages to the other vehicle because your car was stolen...........

Answer Question

Asked by Mommi2four2011 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Travel

Level 6 (115 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Go to the State Farm website and the 'contact us' area. Call them and get advice.

    Answer by whitepeppers at 3:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • Call your agent. I don't know the answer... Good Luck !!

    Answer by LeJane at 4:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • It would depend on your individual policy. If it isn't a very comprehensive one and you live in an area with lots of car thefts, they probably included that exclusion. You'll want to talk with your agent/company to be sure.

    Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • I just spoke with my sweetie who used to sell insurance. His words were that "Insurance does NOT cover in a criminal act. Therefore it would be the insurance of the person who was hit that would have to cover the damage. If the one who was hit has no insurance they would be sued for the damages... It doesn't seem right but there are laws for underinsured motorists....

    Answer by LeJane at 8:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • Yea it is seriously unfair, I am at a total loss for my vehicle because I only had liability. So now I have to sue the kid who stole the car and hit us and he was only 19 years old and lives with his father so we are not going to get anything! ughhhh

    Comment by Mommi2four2011 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.