What did Jesus say about homosexuality?

Just curious...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 3:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Jesus says nothing about homosexuality and the Leviticus abomination passage is mistranslated.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 7:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• The word homosexual does not appear anywhere in the bible, Old or New.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due."
    —Romans 1:26-27
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 4:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• "And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.' Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said: 'This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.' Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 4:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• momov4kids the only quote you have that jesus said is from matthews and if you are oging to quote, quote properly.. it was in response to divorce.
    3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• As far as I know... which I could very well be wrong since I am not a Christian nor have I ever been one...

Jesus himself, never stated anything about homosexuality. I don't believe anyone can prove that Jesus himself, the person himself, actually personally ever stated anything about homosexuality.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• So if there is a hell, I can't wait to meet those people there.... I'll be the one poking them with sticks laughing uncontrollably

Unnecessary remark that is not defending ones faith, disagreeing with ones faith, or demanding respect for ones belief.

Anonymous

• Nothing.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22).
    "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13).

But then the same rules would apply to premarital sex, masturbation, a woman not covering her head, etc.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 4:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."
    —1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 4:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011