How do I become a realtor in IL?

I really want to become a real estate agent and I know Illinois has changed there laws recently so I don't know where to start. any help ould be greatly appreciated.

twiggee

Asked by twiggee at 4:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would call a place like Century 21 or Remax, they should be able to tell you. I know some places have classes
    babygirl5151999

Answer by babygirl5151999 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I actually already did the course. You can take it through Jim Maloof or any other larger brokerages. You can also take it at a college as long as they have the class, so check on websites for colleges in your area. After you pass the class with a C or higher then you take the state test. Where in IL are you? I'm just outside of Peoria :)
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Bumped ya for your answers ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'M IN BRADLEY JUST NORTH OF KANKAKEE.
    twiggee

Comment by twiggee (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Talk with a Real Estate agent . They can tell you all the steps you have to take. Good luck.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• McColly over on 45 used to have classes and I just saw a sign on Coldwell Banker saying that they were seeking skilled professionals. I would suggest finding a real estate agent, asking questions, and possibly starting off working under one of the top producers to help you learn as much as possible.

We bought our house just about 2 years ago and the agent that we used had a woman who worked under her. The agent did the listings, but the woman under her did all of the open houses and helped us find our new house. Hope this helps you and good luck!
    watchingover2

Answer by watchingover2 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 11, 2011