Anyone in an open relationship?

if so, are there any rules? Tell me about it? If not, have u considered it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Me personally. No I am not nor would I be.

However.. I do have friends that are or have been. I have 2 friends that have been in very happy, very comfortable open relationships for many years. 1 for over 10 years, the other for over 20 years. Their success and happiness, they personally attribute to: mutually agreed upon ground rules, mutually agreed upon expectations & the fact that this is the type of relationship BOTH spouses wanted and agreed upon willingly and openly.

On the flip side. I have another friend what ventured into an open relationship with her then husband. They subsequently divorced. They attribute the failure of it working form them to be: both spouses weren't fully and willingly on board, ground rules and expectations were not established, and both were not comfortable and secure in their marriage to begin with.

For some an open relationship is great and works well. For some, it's not so great.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Nope I was taught to share things when I was a kid, now that I am an adult I do not share things like my man.........that is definitely the one thing that is MINE............no sharing here, Rules: Not Happening and will NEVER think about it. Why marry if you have to have an open relationship to be satisfied, just stay single. A marriage is when 2 people become one. JMO
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• ive done it, didn't like it after awhile. the love never felt complete, it was just wide in the open, never true to anybody. there's not really any rules unless you are doing it with a couple, in which case you could only sleep with the other couple, not with any one else you might meet. i waaay rather not be in a relationship at all and sleep with who i want. my biggest piece of advice is keep your expectations WAY LOW or else you might get hurt. too risky i no longer consider it NOR do i recommend it to others
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011