what do you think about parents that put there 5 yr olds in beauty pagents?

the big fake hair, the false teeth, spray on tans, all that candy, and the money put into it!
its a lil too grown up for children.
i think its the mothers dream and they are living through the child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yeah... i agree. the mothers just couldnt achieve their own dreams so they force the kids to "live" this dream...

you know i dont have a problem with baby/toddler/kids models... thats fine... because all those clothing catalogues ect. they need their models because the cloth just look better on a real baby than a doll.. if you know what i mean.. .but everything else is just too much.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think it's sick, disgusting and revolting. I would also ask why mother's open up their little babies to sick perverts out there. It's like sending them a written invitation.
    Anonymous

• I love those! I wanted a girl. But I got boys so I don't get to do all that stuff... I think it's a great way to introduce kids to a life in the spotlight. To many people hit big and start to screw up because they are blinded by the fame... This teaches them how to act...
    Anonymous

• Yes..Messed up. I admired that one little girl who refused to wear any of that stuff. She showed her snaggle teeth and natural beauty while the other girls looked like mini barbies. That's teaching them they have to look a certain way to win...Not saying much right there
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My dd did them and Im not sick and perverted. Shes a grown woman now and it didnt hurt her in anyway. In fact she loved them. Perverts are going to try and see kids anyway, and they do everyday when moms post their pics on the internet.
    Anonymous

• natural baby pagents are cute but when you paint on adult make up and spray on tans! thats too far! you want to be a model then go for it but dont force a 5 yr old to act and look like an adult!
    Anonymous

• i was in baby pagents all natural and in dresses i think those are ok but the extreme all out make up and hair thats not cool not for a child. at that age lil girls should be playing with barbies not forced to look like one.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have watched those shows on tv & it is so weird and unnatural. Let's judge your children on their beautyetc... but here they need fake tans, hair pieces, false teeth and they better stand real still and smile & most definitely not act like a child.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 6:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• They raise little girls who think they will get the world if the LOOK pretty enough. It's unnatural, and somewhat skanky.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My daughter has been in some of the all natural no make-up allowed beauty contest's, and taken first place, but i refuse to spend the tons of money on it. She's got 2 small trophies and a little crown and can say she won a baby beauty contest, and she loved doing it. Haven't done it in about a year though, and i think we may pass on it this year, we have a new baby coming in april and everything's a little busy. But if my daughter comes to me and says she wants to do it, then i will try to allow her to, time and money allowing, but i will never force her into it.
    Anonymous