Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy in need of some advice, anybody have any for me?

Well, my fiance and I recently broke up. It was a very messy break up and it has only been a week. I was with him for 5 years and he decided he was ready for a baby, the two of us have a little girl. He was a wonderful daddy and then he just went crazy. He recently started drinking and became abusive. He had a drinking problem when I met him but stopped. Dec. 1st he and I were on the highway and he was drunk. He got mad at me and jumped out of the car while I was going 50. He broke his ankle. Before that he hit me. I filed a police report. I also have residential custody of our daughter until our court hearing. Yesterday he filed a PFA against me and said I kidnapped him! He also has not seen his daughter or attempted to see her. I have made numerous attempt for him to see her. I have court on Monday for the PFA hearing and want him to have supervised visits until he seeks help for his drinking and anger issues! Any advice?

Answer Question

Asked by heavensmommy919 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I also forgot to mention that he took all of our money out of the bank account and got a new one and shut my cell phone off. I just don't want him to get off easy in court. He has hurt his little girl. She walks around the house saying his name and looking for him. It hurts so bad.

    Answer by heavensmommy919 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • Oh you poor thing :-( I don't know what to say, but I hope it works out for you and your little angel. Be safe

    Answer by Lizamafers at 6:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • Sounds like he is pretty immature...I have been with a drinker for 6 years, and you did the right thing by leaving...especially if he is abusive because the abuse will only get worse...It sounds to me like you are doing all that you can..And what a prick for taking all the money, and turning off your phone....Just try to stay strong for your daughter, and he should be making the effort to see his daughter...not you...I hope everything works out for you...good luck

    Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 6:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • wow I hpe everything works out for you and your baby. I have to say as much as parents want the other half there you did the right thing by leaving. Just stay on yur feet and be there for your daughter.
    Bestof luck to both of you hey maybe you will find someone new.
    Good luck

    Answer by Lucky120 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • sweety,, you need to get a lawyer and think of yourself and your child,,, sorry but you really need to get away from him, or one day we will be reading about you in the paper,,,,good luck and think about your safety and your child's safety...good luck and god bless,,you asked for advice,, this is my advice to you..

    Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 7:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • I have a lawyer..we will be going to court about custody soon. I am no longer with him

    Answer by heavensmommy919 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • I'm not sure what you want advice about... if you've only been broke up a week, and you've called him several times about seeing his child? I know the little one's want their Dad's, but if he's got a drinking problem, woud you feel comfortable with him taking her somewhere? if he's been voilent, woud you be comfortable with him in the house alone with you and yor child?
    A drunk person has no rationality, so don't bother trying to talk to him right now. Maybe he'll sober up for court and you can talk to him then about how much she misses him.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • No, I want him to have supervised visits and meet somewhere like Burger King or something like that. I don't feel comfortable with him taking our daughter and I definately don't want them to be alone together.

    Answer by heavensmommy919 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.