Have you ever dated outside of your race? Ever thought about it?

I have often wondered how you would ever get that close to someone of another race. I guess that I am pretty isolated in that aspect. I knw of some guys from a different race that seemed interested but I guess that I never took them up on anything,for some reason I seemed to think that all they wanted was one thing.

I know that the small rural town that I resided in would have not allowed it socially. But have you ever dated outside of your race? Ever thought about it?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes. I am of Indian descent (Indian-American) . Having lived in many places in the world, I can say that yes I have dated many outside of my race. I have dated: Korean men, Japanese men, Caucasion men of various stripes (Irish, German, to name a couple), Mexican, Argentinian, and a few others here and there.. lol I did quite a bit of travelling and experiencing of life when I was young.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No I have never but I would if I was single and was asked by someone of a different race was attracted to them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes, and you get that close to someone because they are human just like u
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes, and I didn't work out for me. I dated an white guy, black guy and Asian guy and it just didn't work. Cultures were too different, and so were the values and beliefs. I ended up settling down with a Hispanic man like me, and now we have two kids and we are in sync completely.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My LP is Japanese and I am white. We are from a "one stop light" "white" town, too, but it was never really a big deal because everybody knew everybody else's business. His father was a higher-up in the Air Force and then went on to own a successful local business. It was pretty common knowledge and generally accepted as normal that he "brought home" a woman from when he was serving.

I never thought a bit about it because my grandfather and father were friends with his father, and we attended the same small school our entire lives. It was very normal, natural, ending up with your high school sweet heart, I guess. I think my parents would have had a problem if I had ended up with someone whose entire background they didn't know the way they know his...no matter what the race.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Right now I am, and have been with my boyfriend, for almost 4 years and are expecting a baby girl in July. He is Japaneses, and I am just white. Never did we consider it weird because of race. We are both people. never have we ever been concerned with the race difference :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 4:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes GomezMami, that's what I kinda meant by "wondered how you would ever get that close to someone of another race".
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• once..... awful outcome for me. It ended like a lifetime movie, including FBI agents interviewing me and our mutual friends. He was abusive and mentally unstable. I had no idea things were so crazy til it was way too late. I was grateful for the womens center helping me get a restraining order so fast, like less than 24 hours. but then when he tried to steal a plane to blow me up (he worked at an airport) things got weird. Agents stormed my office (I worked at a bank at the time) and put me into protective custody until he was contained and had to evacuate my apartment complex..... I don't think it was all because of his race but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I never tried again. In fact I am very scared of colored men now, as embarrassing as that sounds
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have never dated outside of my race. I open to dating some one outside of my race but I am also very picky too.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 4:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes I have I am Caucasian and my husband is Hispanic we have been happily married for 16 years and still going strong. We dated for 2 years before we were married. We have 6 Beautiful children. We r definitely soul mates.
    mama777

Answer by mama777 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011