Art Institute of Philadelphia. Anyone ever heard of it?

My SS was accepted to get a degree in video game designing. Are they accredited? Financial Aid will pay for it so they must be right? They guy that calls from there sounds like a salesman and is relentless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• They are very relentless. We kept our daughter from going. It is nationally accredited by not regionally. BTW, regionally is better. It is also way over priced.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Please explain regionally accredited?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Here, this explains it well:
    http://myusearchblog.com/regional-v-national-accreditation-why-you-should-care
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thank you so very much Candi! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I wanted to go there when I graduated high school in 95 for Interior Decorating, it was like $20,000 a YEAR to go.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't know much about the Art Institute of Philly, but I do know of the one in Pittsburgh, my sister went there for 2 years. She liked her courses, but has issues with the administration at times. I'd look into what Candi sent you, that might be what my sister had problems with! God luck either way!
    babygrlsmommy

Answer by babygrlsmommy at 2:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011