how can u survive a weight lifting limit when ur used to lifting all the time. i am 13 weeks and already uner restrictions... help

ethans_mommy69

Asked by ethans_mommy69 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you want to carry this baby to term, then you JUST deal with the restrictions. There is a good reason WHY the doctor put you on a lifting restriction. I think your doctor if asked WHY your on this restriction would tell you exactly the same thing I have.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Don't lift items above the weight you are advised not to. It puts risks on the baby's well-being. If your dr restricts you from anything, you should take his word if you want successfull pregnancy.
    myfirstbaby903

Answer by myfirstbaby903 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I understand that it is hard... but you just need to stop lifting heavy items. remind yourself that its for your childs safety and your own. ask others for help.
    SimplyANewMom

Answer by SimplyANewMom at 11:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• ask for help. ask your husband, your kids, yoru neighbors. you'll find that they will be willing to help.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• You have to determine what is more important, lifting weight or the baby you are carrying. If your doctor advices you not to lift over a certain weight, then I would listen. I assume the weight you are talking about is another child. Talk to your doctor.
    amp83

Answer by amp83 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2008