Have any of you other ladies ever want to tape the pacifier to your child's mouth? I mean he wants it but if falls out and then he whines and its always while I'm in the middle of trying to do something. Just asking.

I need some kind of magic pacifier.

k.alexander

Asked by k.alexander at 6:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This made me laugh! My FIL said he wanted to make an invention to strap it to my son's mouth.

BTW, if/when he can bring things to his mouth with his hands, there's a great paci with an animal attached called a Wubba Nub. It was so much easier for my DD to get in her mouth when she got to that stage.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• There was actually a child that died from that....it's always a thought though
    Anonymous

• OMG im still going through it. i think they really know what they're doing. they are just trying to test us.
    mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 6:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

mama28th

mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 6:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Been there! And thought the same thing! lol Just ignore the whining for a little while and he'll get it. He has to learn to soothe himself eventually anyway! GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The thought sounds criminal but I'm just getting to that point where I can actually stand to hear him cry for awhile. So, we'll work it out or I'll get some low grade earplugs.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 6:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• HAHAHAHA, yes.....I took away binkies all together dang it!
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'm hoping the thought of strapping the pacifier to the face is just a joke since that has been known to kill babies. It's hard to tell someone's tone over the computer but I'm guessing you're not serious. I totally understand how frustrating it is though! I didn't get a good night's sleep until I just took my daughter's away when she was 5 months old. She cried when it was time to sleep for the first couple days but learned to get along without it very quickly and now I get a good night's sleep b/c I'm not constantly up putting it back in her mouth! My advice is to get rid of it. I hate pacifiers! :)
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 8:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No I hate paci's. I would never give it to them. SO I would never think of strapping one to their face
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 9:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008