Financial aid...where can I find out if I qualify for a grant?

I am wanting to go back to school but we dont have the money for me to enroll. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to help me find out about financial aid. I am not a single mother so I probably wouldnt be able to get a grant for mothers, right? I try to find info about this but its just all so confusing, all the possibilities, and I dont know where to start. thanks in advance :)

Asked by alandou at 5:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• This is were you go to fill out an app for financial aid and student loans.

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• The "grants for single mothers" you see advertised are a scam. Check out these sites:

That said, the FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid mentioned by the two previous posters, is the BEST place to visit.
    Good luck with going back to school!

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• In order to fill out the FAFSA, you need a school code. The FAFSA is an application for aide. It is NOT money for school. It tells you what you MAY be eligible for in federal funding. Pell Grant and student loans. There is also funding directly from colleges and other sources. Two sites you can look for grants and scholarships are

There are MILLIONS of dollars in funding through these sites.

Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2011