How would u react if your spouse wanted to charge the other parent for child care?

not me...a friend of mine has 3 step children that live with her and her husband she has come up with the thought that she would like to charge the mother of the step children for after school care till their father gets home. Is she serious is this even possible?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yeah she sounds obnoxious..her SO and his children are a package deal..and he should leave your friend for even saying something so cruel and rude..it sounds to me like she is petty and money hungry..if she doesnt love him enough to watch his kids while he is working to provide for everyone and she does nothing then he could find someone that would accept him and his children..Sorry but if she were my friend i would tell her he could do better!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• it's called resentful and selfish. way to put a wedge between you and your step children. "sorry, I don't care for you enough to take care of you for free".....

I don't think she can do that because it's still their household.
    Anonymous

• Wow...no offense but your friend is a loon....I hope she was joking or something
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• She should be charging HER husband b/c he is the custodial parent. She's acting ridiculous. This has nothing to do with the NON-custodial parent. It's his HIS job to pay for child care.... that should came out of the child support he is receiving!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• She sounds awful. I feel bad for the kids and have to wonder what their time with her is like. It might be better for someone else to watch them who doesn't feel the need to be petty.
    Anonymous

• It certainly shouldn't be. He is responsible for their care. Is he going to pay as well when the kids are with the mother? Ridiculous and will never happen.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Wow, that's pretty foul. I don't think you can. but hey in this world anything is possible. Is she really "Caring" for them....wow....
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• IMO it doesn't matter if they are your bio children or step, you CAN'T baby sit them. they are YOUR kids. your payment is when they tell you I love you and give you hugs and kisses.. and when you get older, They change your diapers... LOL
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• well it depends on who's time they are on..if shes is watching the kids for the mom then yes she should have to pay her..and if she is watching then for the dh and she has to do it alot and never gets time to herself etc then he should have to pay too..some ppl dont realize how tough being a step parent is..most of the time the burden ends up being left to the step parent while the parents run scott free..if i were her i would charge her too..
    Anonymous

• omg thank u this is what i told her that she is selfish and money hungry also she is a shitty person she knew what she was getting into i am so glad we all feel the same way
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2011