When your kids go to their "other" parents house,

Do they come home like animals? Meaning, have they forgotten the rules for your house?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes
    But I understand because I know I used to go back to my mother's the same way.
    My father was not a bad person. He felt bad about enforcing rules because he didn't see us everyday. While it's a pain, and I do not cut my son any slack when he returns home, I feel better knowing I understand him because i grew up the same way. It also helps because I am not constantly ticked off at my ex about it because I blame him.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It takes mine a little while to settle back in to the routine at my house when they come home from their dad's. I try to be understanding, I imagine it would be hard.

Answer by missanc at 5:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You mean like they were raised in a barn, then yes. Takes awhile to chill out. Especially after coming home from Nanny's house.
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• when my kids would come back from visits it would take a day or 2 to undo the behavior they brought back from their father's house
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Oh yes! I think his dad doesn't disipline him because he only sees him on weekends. I understand but it sucks being the bad guy all the time.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yes and i hate it. i mean i love to get them back but i dread those first 2 weeks where i have to reinstill the rules of our house. as a matter of fact i hate that they are going to leave this sunday for so many reasons but one of the biggest is because i know they will be horrendous when they come home.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 5:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i kno exactly bc i seen that when my cousin was growing up her mom didnt teach her anything..it was like everything had to be redone..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Nope my ss is grateful to come back every Sunday he gives me and his dad hugs and tells us he missed us he is bored at BIOS house she dosnt do nething he has to care for his siblings get diapers bottles etc here he can relax and play read he hates going to her house
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011