What are the odds?

Of an orgasm causing you to go into early labor? I'm 34wks and my SO wont have sex with me because he heard it could.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it can but not always tell him not 2 worry bout it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have he still wont. and its not like we do it all the time anyway before now we only had sex 1-2 a week.
    Anonymous

• Sew won't stimulate labor. The big O will possibly cause contractions, but they won't be real labor contractions. In addition the male ejaculate is really good for you. It's often recommended that you have a lot of sex in the last few months and weeks to help soften the cervix. This helps you to dilate. Tell him the benefits out weigh the risks in this situation! You can look it up on Dr. Spock or Dr. Sears, or Babycenter.com if you want to show him proof from a more reliable source.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• as long as your doc havent said stop then your good to go..yes you might get some contractions but its all good.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Unless your cervix is already effacing and dilating it won't do anything at all.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 7:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yea my midwife encouraged me to have sex in hopes to induce labour and it didn't work. Also I heard foot rubs induce, but that didn't work either. Tell him its ok.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 11:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008