Would you feel this is being nosy?

you are doing something on the computer and your dh/so or child comes over and stands over your shoulder and reads what you are writing. how would you feel and what would you do?

I don't do this to him and he gets upset if me or my boys start behind him and read whatever

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Doesn't bother me in the least, Mine is sitting right next to me and is reading most of what I write. I point things out to him all of the time and admittedly read a lot of what he writes as well, although he is on facebook.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No, Either being nosy or just curious. Depends on the attitude of the one standing over your shoulder. My hubby can not stand for someone to read over his shoulder, so I don't. But he'll then pass me or let me read whatever it was.

If it bugs you, then I would say something like, You are welcome to read what I wrote when I am done. But please, don't stand behind me and watch me type every letter.
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Nosy and annoying lol DH has done this a few times. I do it too though, but it doesn't feel nosy when I'm doing it haha
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 5:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• When it comes to MY hubby,no. just curiosity

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• no I don't think its nosey.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• When it comes to hub, I don't mind at all if he reads what I'm writing in his presence, because its not about him :P When I'm in a venting mood (about him), I wait until he's not even in the house.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No I wouldn't think that.. My husband does that to my quite often, he's usually just curious about what I'm "Typing wildly" about .. lol Or so very interested in reading.

Him looking in on what I'm doing on the computer is pretty much the same as me looking over to see how is game is going (when he's gaming). Just being interested in what one another is doing, sharing with one another ... that sort of thing is how I view it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't know, I guess it would depend. If it's constant and I feel like it's a matter of him not trusting me or something, then yeah, I guess I'd consider it nosy. I don't generally say anything about him (well, sometimes to vent, but I do that anonymously and when he's not here), so I really don't have anything to hide from him. I would let him read what I write if he simply asked, so it wouldn't bother me if he occasionally came and stood behind me to read over my shoulder.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my mom does this, its' sooo annoying!
    but when my SO does it, i don't mind at all
    weird how it only bothers me with certain people
    it IS nosy, yes. say "look all you want, there you happy?"
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Wow a vote down? Really? I'm guessing whoever did that is a snoop. If a husband is that worried about what his wife is writing online he could be an adult and ask, geez.
    Anonymous