Derma-Bond and a 21 month old HEELLLLLLLP me please **GraPHIC pic***

DD fell on a soup can UNOPENED and ended up with drema-bond.. How do I keep her from picking at it?

Anyone else go thru this?

Dork4Fish

Asked by Dork4Fish at 5:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IDK...my son had to get it when he fell on a weight bench and got a gash but he is 3 and didnt pick at it...idk..call the dr. and ask them...maybe a bandaid over it? not sure if you can do that? you will have to aska dr./nurse
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Did you take her to the doctor for this? Most cuts to the head need stitched!
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old never picked at it either. I did put a band aid over it at first because I thought that she would.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Anon, if you look in the first picture, it looks like she is at the ER... I'd say some gauze and tape maybe? Or band aid,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Doen vote me if you want bt that is what the er doctor told me when I took my DS in. Facial and head wounds do not like to heal wel on their own and scare horribly if not treated.
    Anonymous

• if she doesn't have to have stitches what I do with my daughter when she does her tomboy stuff is put a bandaide on that she really likes....she doesn't pick at but if she is like my turkey she want to look in a mirror ever 5 secs LOLLOL
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 5:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would just put a band aide on it and keep correcting her when you see her messing with it... Not much else to do...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• The pictures were made in the er so of course she took her to the doctor...And my 2 year old kept pulling it off.

sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Anon... they used Derma-Bond on her wound... it's a surgical glue... much better then stitches, less scaring.

OP you can use a band aid over it, but let it get some air a few hours out of every day. ;o) Poor little one.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• She never said that an I was not looking at the back ground I was looking at the cut. Give me a break! Immaturity abounding in this place tonight...
    Anonymous