If u were not happy would u leave?....Honestly

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• definitely
    linah12345

Answer by linah12345 at 3:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• leave a marriage
    yes, i did (more than unhappy though)
    a relationship living together
    yes, i did (but again more than unhappy)

unhappy is pretty general and broad
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Depends on several factors
    * How long had I been unhappy?
    * What all did I do to try and change the factors that were causing me to be unhappy?
    * What issues in my marriage were adding to my unhappiness or encouraging a state of unhappiness?
    * Where those issues ever addressed, were those issues ever rectified?
    * Did both my husband and I give our all in order to try and improve our marriage?
    * Did I do all I could do to increase my overall happiness level? (my personal happiness in regards to myself/my life)

All of these things, and most likely many more (these are just the ones I quickly thought of right off the top of my head) would play a part in my decision to leave or stay.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would go to counseling first IF I thought it was worth staying married or not depends on what the cause of the "unhappy" is and if you have commincated to other half that you are unhappy it is possible he has no idea not sure the situation.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 5:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Depends. Is he violent, an alcoholic, druggie, treats my kid like shit? If yes, I would leave. Does he hog the remote control and not let me watch Hells Kitchen to make me unhappy? Probably not, but paybacks a bitch.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If it's something that can be fixed, I will stay until it appears it's not going to work after trying. If he is a cheater, abusive in any way, or just obviously does not care about me, then yes, I'll be walking away.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Ive been married almost 20 yrs... I have not been happy every minute of every year.
    I think it is ridiculous to just leave if you are not happy... how unbelievably selfish.

TRY. TALK. DO SOMETHING.

To simply leave because you are not happy is childish... sounds like a teenager: if Im not happy 100% of the time then SOMEONE has to pay. I deserve to be happy 100% of the time. YOU need to make ME happy 100% of the time.

Grow up.
    Anonymous

• I've been divorced twice.

Yep.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• depends on what is making me unhappy in the relationship...can it be fixed, forgiven, did i have a part to play etc..etc
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Its Hard....
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011