using Hamber Helper is it possible to use stewed tomatoes in place of all the water in the HH Italian Lasagna

food group

misellie

Asked by misellie at 5:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't make hamburger helper, but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to. Just collect the water from the can first to make sure it is enough. You may have to add a little. If there is not enough water, it may be too salty.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I dunno, the water is for the pasta to absorb so I would measure the liquid out and make sure their is enough...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• agree with the above answers.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would use the tomatoes and add a little more water. In my experience the noodles in HH soak ALOT of water. The water in the canned tomatoes doesn't have enough.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Try it? how are ya ever gonna know? then let us know if it worked.... LOL
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree with Bridget - drain the tomatoes thoroughly, reserving the liquid, and add water as necessary to make the required (or very close to it) amount of liquid.

The noodles do need liquid to cook, but we usually add a handful of extra noodles to stretch the dish without much more liquid (we like our HH less runny). I like the idea of making with chunks of veggies like tomatoes!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would use the tomatoes and add a little more water. In my experience the noodles in HH soak ALOT of water. The water in the canned tomatoes doesn't have enough
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2011