is it dangerous to fly on an air plane when prego?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• no its not dangerous at all.. BUT it depends on how far along you are... most airlines do not accept pregnant women on the plane when they are 35+ weeks along. Some before that. Thats because of the pressure changing on the plane and in case you go into labor ect. And of course you need to check with your OB, ask if its ok for you to fly. then ask the airline you are going to fly with. tell them how far along you are and then they will tell you if you are allowed to go or not.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Btw.. i was flying from USA - Germany when i was 15weeks pregnant and it wasnt comfortable at all. I had to pee every 5 minutes (since i had a middle seat i always had to ask the lady next to me to let me go through), the seats havent been comfy, my back hurt all the time, i was light-headed, the air in the plane was just stinky (because of so many ppl on the plane). the food made me puke and i couldnt lay down or anything like that. i know one thng for sure.. i will never fly again when pregnant. hehe
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008