How can I still be bleeding/spotting?

DH and I started ttc. March/April was about as perfect ovualtion and bding times as you could get but af arrived after a very long luteal phase :(. Af itself only lasted 3 days but I've been bleeding and spotting ever since mid April! I am going to dr if it doesn't stop soon but why would this be happening??

iloveadam0722

Asked by iloveadam0722 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I spotted with my first for 2 - 3 months. But, from what you are saying, I would get checked out by the Dr. Just tell the Dr. what you told us.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Did you ever fully bleed in those 2-3 months? Most the time its just spotting but every once in awhile it will start bleeding like a light period for a few hours.
    iloveadam0722

Comment by iloveadam0722 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Guessing what causing it is hormone levels...could be lots of things. Did you check to see if you are pregnant (a HPT) or are you assuming the bleeding is a period...often with a miscarriage you can have bleeding, would be a good idea to follow up with your doctor and let him know what is going on. If for nothing else than to let them know you are planning on TTC. Also if you were on hormonal BC before that can make your cycles irregular for awhile.
    michcous

Answer by michcous at 9:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011