What can cause me to keep loosing my babies.

I went into premature labor twice one was at 26 weeks and the other 25 weeks both was girls. The first one was still born and the second lived 8 hours. one year later I had a healthy baby boy no complication. It's been 11 years and i had a tubel reversal done in Dec 2010 and got preg in May 2011 and miscarried at 4 weeks.. any responce would be helpful..

CHORD0006

Asked by CHORD0006 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You do now that it may not have anything to do with you or your body?? It could be the seed, not the egg. Have patience, dont try too hard, let go and let nature take care of it.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• The thing that comes to my mind is a blood disorder such as Factor V or MTHFR. I have a form of MTHFR and I was told by my high risk specialist that most women who have it are diagnosed after multiple stillbirths. Most men are diagnosed at autopsy. I was incredibly fortunate to find out I had it after only one early miscarriage. Whatever it is, I wish you luck.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Look up Brewer diet. He did a study on pregnant women and how their diet may have effects on their pregnancy n baby. I was shocked at the results of his study.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• First off, I am So sorry for your loses. People are sometimes nervous about talking to a mother who has had miscarriages & stillbirths, I will keep you and your SO in prayer.

No advice to give, just support. My neices cannot carry boys. Every time they do the lose them very early 3rd trimester or late 2nd.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My only advice is to talk to your doctor about it. Maybe he/she can refer you to a specialist of some sort. Seems like a question only a doctor can find the definitive answer to in the end. I am terribly sorry for your losses. I hope you can get the help you need so you never have to go through that again.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 7:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i have no advice, i just want to say how sorry i am for ur loses :( hope u get pregagnant and have a happy healthy baby, goodluck mama
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 9:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Retired Neonatal ICU nurse here:
    Let me start by saying I am so sorry for your losses.
    I had a miscarriage btwn my 2 DSs. Miscarriages are actually more common than most ppl realize. My mom had 1, my aunt had 1, my older sis had 1. It is actually theorized that every woman has at least 1 but many happen so early that they don't even know that they are pg yet.
    It may not be poss to definitely tell why you are having all these losses, but you can discuss it w/ your doc & may need a referral to a specialist. There is the Factor V or MTHFR already mentioned, also PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) & poss dozens others that might be the prob. (I would hazard that your uterus is normal since you did carry 1 to term, but if you had not, that would be a poss, too.)
    Try not to worry--that won't help your situation & might have a neg effect--many have trouble getting pg when stressed or worried.
    GL
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 4:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thanks everyone!!! It's good to know that there is some people that really cares when you need some good advice.. The only thing i know is I do have RH - blood and i don't think that could 've been the problem, but there is a chance it could tho, if i had a misscarriage and never knew i guess. I know the Dr advice me to wait three months to try agian ,but that seems forever.. The doctor also is going to do Thyroid testing just to rule it out.. Thanks to all...
    CHORD0006

Comment by CHORD0006 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• my cousin doesn't seem to be able to carry boys in a similar way to your situation She has a 4 year old girl then misscarried then a 2 year old girl and a misscarriage then a baby boy who died of sids at 3 weeks old
    XandersMomma07

Answer by XandersMomma07 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Hugs to you. Miscarriages are so difficult to deal with, aren't they.

According to my OB, 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. It's a shocking statistic that I didn't know about until I had one at 12 weeks...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011