is it dangerous to fly on an air plane when prego?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Travel

• No it isn't dangerous. I flew when I was 8 months prego and it was much better then driving!!! I talked with my Dr. first and he was all for it.

Anonymous

• I wa stold if futher than 7mths need drs approval,which i got all was good
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 7:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The danger is being away from your doctor - if you're far along. Some airlines won't allow flight without doctors consent after a certain point in your pregnancy. If you're not high risk, most of the time you'll be fine traveling until around 32 weeks. (This varies doctor to doctor)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was almost 5 months. Went to Disney. But at the airport people are not as gracious.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• no, its not.. if you feel uncomfortable with the seatbelt, you can ask for an extender if you feel its a bit to tight. I was 7 months pregnant when I flew last year, and i was totally fine. I almost needed a belt extender, cause my dear boy was breach, and he was laying sideways, so it was a but snug, but i just put it down over my pelvic bone, and waist and there wasnt a problem
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• No, it's not.

I'm a former Flight Attendant and I worked when I was pregnant with my first. I also flew transatlantically as a passenger with all three pregnancies.

There are some conditions which could keep you on the ground but talk to your doctor.

I took a doctor's note as soon as I looked pregnant but they never asked for one.

Careful with the bags. This is actually the trickiest part of flying when pregnant., especially if you've been told not to lift heavy objects.

Relax and have a good trip!
    Eclipsepearl

Answer by Eclipsepearl at 9:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2008