How do YOU make kool aid?

Do you follow the instructions or do you alter it some?

We personally use 1.5 cups of sugar and 2 unsweeten packets per gallon of water. --that's a little less sugar then the instructions say, but if I use 2 full cups, as the directions suggest, my kids complain that it's TOO sweet!

And before you get on me about my kids and allowing my kids to have kool aid remember JUICE has sugar too! I've seen resources that juice as the SAME amount of sugar as a coke! I'm not sure what the sugar between kool aid and soda or juice is. I've seen sites that say kool aid is less sugar then soda, but others that say it's more. At either rate it really doesn't matter if it's kool aid, juice, or pop all of those things have to be done in moderation and too much is bad thing!

Anyway back to the point of this question: Do you make the kool aid according to the instructions or do you alter it some?

SAHMinIL2

Asked by SAHMinIL2 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I water it down (I buy the kind that already has sugar in it) and I add fruit.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I use less sugar than it calls for when I make it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No, I do it to taste when we do make it....but that's not very often. I have to water down juice concentrates as well, especially grape juice! Oh man that stuff is SWEET.

PS. I'm a SAHM in IL as well! :) Just outside of Peoria :)
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 6:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I just follow the directions on the package.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my exdh makes it without sugar! my kids would always hate going to their dad's house because he never added the sugar...ugh, lol anyway I had a little less then a full cup per packet
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 7:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• 1 packet of koolaid and i always used 1 and three quater cup of sugar to 2 quarts of water.
    carrie2299

Answer by carrie2299 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have tried using truvia instead on a couple occasions...didn't taste right, also tried a mixture of truvia and sugar and it tasted pretty good. I want to say I did one cup half and half to one packet of kool aid. Other wise I use 1 cup of sugar to 1 packet of kool aid.
    michcous

Answer by michcous at 9:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Half the sugar. MIL uses half the sugar & half the water - that's just wrong, lol!
    Anonymous

• we use the kind that all you add is water and I water it down just a little bit more sometimes I pour it into my ice cubes trays and then add it to their drinks
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011