How many of you have lost a significant amount of weight while breastfeeding?

Did you notice a difference in your boobs? I've lost 30lbs since having my daughter almost 4 weeks ago (not on purpose, I think I must have been holding a lot of water), but I haven't noticed a difference in my breast size. They're still huge haha. I would like to start working out soon and have been eating healthy. I'm hoping that with more weight loss that my boobs will eventually get smaller but am wondering that since I'm breastfeeding that maybe that won't happen? I know this may seem like a silly question but it just seems so weird to me that they're still SO big. It's definitely uncomfortable.

ours

Asked by ours at 6:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lol! Ur obviously a small boob girl like me n saw a BIG change in cup size. I slimmed down really fast n kept the big boobs for like a yr. When DS started eating more solids I got smaller n eventually went back to my small bras.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Vero0724 - The sad thing is that isn't true with me! I was a 34 DD BEFORE getting pregnant. I don't know for sure but I'm probably a 38 DDD now not engorged. If for some reason we miss a feeding, they get even bigger :|

It just seems like after dropping 30lbs I'd notice some kind of change in their size. I'm wanting to lose 20-30lbs more and am hoping that eventually I'll notice them at least get a LITTLE smaller haha.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I tell everyone that breastfeeding is the best diet plan ever! You get to eat more calories than when you were pregnant, and you still loose weight. When my dd was about 8-9 months old, I had lost so much weight that I was getting too thin. I was perfectly happy with the increased bra size. I went from a AA to a C/D cup, but then it tapered off to about a B cup after about 6 months or so.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 7:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i lost 10 more pounds in the weeks after giving birth than i actually gained during pregnancy. and if my damn boobs would go back to normal size, i'd lose some more! i was a C before getting pregnant, a D when i was pregnant, and a DD while nursing. i've been done nursing for three weeks, and i'm all dried up, but still a DD.

throw me a bone here! ;)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 7:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I didn't loose any weight while breastfeeding you are very lucky.They will probably change a bit. I start out pregnancy at about a 38DDD but as my milk comes in and during breastfeeding I go up to about a 38 I.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I didn't lost any weight during breastfeeding, I gained weight instead maybe b/c I was eating a lot and the boob gained 2 sizes!!! I hate it, it's so heavy and none of my cloths fits me because of my boobs are too big. I can't wait to go back down. I'm pumping now so it'll be a while till I go on diet
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I lost all my pg wt & was back in the pants I wore b4 getting pg by 3 wks later. My big prob was I didn't wean my food intake as the babies started eating other things & less from me!
    It is very normal for the breasts to maintain size or grow when nursing--not everyone is the same on how that all works out. Don't expect any real decrease in size 'til after you stop nursing &/or pumping. You can work out, but get a really good sports bra for max support.
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 3:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'm about 30 pounds lighter now that I was before I got pregnant, DD2 is 9 days old. To be fair, I had lost about 15 of those during pregnancy from being really sick. But my boobs are the same size, just maybe fuller than they were. My bra size is still a 36C.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I was back in my pre-pregnancy pants a week after giving birth...(no idea about weightloss because I didn't want to know how much I actually gained during pregnancy). And thanks to breastfeeding for the past two months, my clothes are getting quite a bit looser.

The odd thing is that I no longer need to wear a bra. My chest is much larger than before, but a lot more perky and strangley doesn't need any support. Odd...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Be careful GoodyBrook. Everything I've read says it's VERY important to wear a supportive bra while breastfeeding. Just because they're perky now doesn't mean that they will be after shrinking back down after you're done.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011