Is it okay to give my 11 month old lactaid milk?

My son will be 1 on the 23rd and I have been slowly giving him whole milk as his pediatrician suggested. I started givig it to him last week and last night started being extremely gassy and fussy. He had a very loose bm and another one at 1am. Today he has had diarrhea with flecs of blood in it all day. He cries when he poops and when I change him because his butt and genitals are red and puffy. I've stopped giving him milk and started pedialyte. I wanted to know if I can give him Lactaid milk.

anthonys_mom21

Asked by anthonys_mom21 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am glad to tell you that it is %100 safe to give him lactaid milk. I have two boys and they both have been drinking it since they were 10 months old. They drank soy formula when they were babies because they refluxed regular formula. Then the doctor switched them to Lactaid milk. It is actually the only milk they can drink. I'm sure your little guy will feel alot better. Good Luck!
    BabyGirlWifey

Answer by BabyGirlWifey at 7:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• they really dont need "milk" yet they even have fromula for toddlers but lactaid would b fine i started my son on almond milk
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• play it safe and ask your pediatrician
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• He doesn't see her until friday. I stopped the whole milk but his formula was also making his stomach upset too.
    anthonys_mom21

Comment by anthonys_mom21 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2011