What was or is your experience on the nuva ring?

I am currently on the depo provera shot and HATE it! I want to maybe try the nuva ring if I won't gain another 15 to 20 lbs like I have on depo. Plz let me know what you experienced with the nuva ring

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i honestly laughed out loud at this question. if you dont mind getting pregnant but you wanna regulate your periods go for it. i actually wrote the company and told them about me getting pregnant TWICE on it. I liked it because it was easy to use low hormones, all that jaz. but when it comes to keeping you not knocked up. it sucks. every bc will have its ups and downs though. i had the meriana in and it kept me unpregnant for almost two years and i hardly every had a period. which is why when it fell out a month ago and my period never came, i found out i was pregnant for 14 weeks. YAY. sorry for this answer...its a half vent/half answer lol
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 6:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I used it for 4 yrs. almost no periods, never got pregnant BUT gained 30lbs!!!! I loved it except for the weight gain
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• thank you for letting me know. I want to hear all about it before trying something. I didn't know anything about depo and it's been the worst thing I could have ever done to my body :/
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I didn't gain any weight. It was easy to use, but twice it came out during sex and I didn't know it until surprise I started my period totally unprepared.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I LOVE IT. been on it for almost 2 years, i havent gained any weight and havent gotten pregnant. my periods are lighter and shorther by 4 days. and regular. wouldnt change it.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 7:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I tried it for just a little while.. It came out Every time i had sex.. I have had an IUD well meriana .. and i hardly ever had a period the first time i had it was right after my first son and it worked great.. i had to have it taken out and get a new one because it had been 4 almost 5 years and the doctor told me i have to leave it out for a few weeks before i get another one.. well i ended up pregnant with my second son.. :) and two weeks after i had him i had gotten pregnant with my daughter... so after i had her i went back on .. meriana and it removed almost 2 years ago... two more pregnancies since removed. i would have to say Meriana worked best for me
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i loved it i also lost 25 lbs when i was on it its kind of scary cause if you have rough sex it can fall out but i was on it for a year and love it... I ended getting off of it because i did have a monthly at all . My dr thought scene i had messes up on my weeks that i might be having a baby but that was not the case so i just have not been on anything scene .
    helpstepmom27

Answer by helpstepmom27 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I had a lot of problems with it staying where it was supposed to. I didn't put on weight with it. I liked the not having to remember something everyday.

michcous

Answer by michcous at 9:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• So much better, no bloat weight gain or shots. First thing that didn't make me sick all the time. Never had it fall out but I am not tiny. If it does you can put it back in place several hours later and its still effective.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2011