Is it okay to touch up my roots while pregnant?

I'm a natural brunette, but for the longest time I've wanted to be platinum blonde. After a few months of going to the salon I finally achieved the color I've been wanting, now naturally I have to keep up on the roots or my hair will look like crap. And recently I took a pregnancy test and it came up positive. I haven't been to the doctor yet and won't be able to until the 23rd of this month. Unfortunately my roots can't wait that long and niether can my wallet. I'm due for a touch up in a couple days... would it be okay for me to make my usual trip to the salon for my root touch up? Please help!

tbrosnan

Asked by tbrosnan at 6:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i have...find a salon that uses wella its a natural brand and its amazing with blonde
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 6:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm not sure what brand my salon uses, but I'm a bit skeptical to go anywhere else. LOL. I've had bad experiences at the other salons in my town. But thank you for the advice, it really helps. I'm just freaking out here cause some online searches say it's okay but others say to wait until I'm past the first trimester. Even my hair stylist said that there is no proof that it causes any problems. And I trust her, so she must have done it before or seen it done before.
    tbrosnan

Comment by tbrosnan (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have always hear that you are not supposed to put any chemical on your hair while you are pregnant, but I never knew why you arent suppose to.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 12:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Typically it is not safe to do so. Check with your doctor. Even if your appointment isnt till the 23rd you can call and ask. Better safe than sorry.
    Tamara0383

Answer by Tamara0383 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I have heard that you can die your hair in second trimester but never bleach it while pregnant??? I dont know if this is true or not. I know lots of women who did both while pregnant and everything was fine, but I would call the doctors office you are going to and ask them they can let you know.
    momma_twins7317

Answer by momma_twins7317 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011