I'm 36 wks and very miserable i haven't dilated yet. should i go ahead and take castor oil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No! You should keep that baby in there for longer than 36 weeks. Don't put your baby in harms way for your own selfish needs. It will be over soon
    Anonymous

• No, you still have almost a month to go...it's too early.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• UM NO!!!! YOU DONT NEED TO TAKE IT ANYWAY BUT IF YOU WERE GONG TO YOU SHOULD WAIT TIL 40 WEEKS. IM 34 WKS AND IN HORRIBLE PAIN EVERYDAY DOES THAT MEAN I GET TO TAKE IT TO?
    THINK ABOUT YOUR BABY AT 36 WEEKS S/HE ISNT READY TO BE BORN YOU WILL DILATE JUST GIVE IT A LITTLE MORE TIME.
    Anonymous

• NO! Castor oil doesnt help bring on labor thats an old wives tale. All it does is cause diahrea which can cause dehydration, which is dangerous for the baby and you. Dehydration can cause contractions but once rehydrated they stop.

Answer by gemgem at 6:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• anon 6:58 again
    sorry that was rude just dont do it. I know i is hard this is my third baby and have had a hard last 2months with all of them. Just wait. you dont have long to go.
    Anonymous

• hun your baby isnt ready i had a emercey c-sec with my boys i was preeclasea?sp i had them at 36 wks and one of my boys were in the nicu for a wk 1/2 its sad to see your lo in tubes and you cant even hold them.

I hope you will wait til your lo is ready unless your doc want to take it which is less likely.
    oh yeah talk about pain...i was preg with twins was 100 lbs got up to 200...my streach marks bled w.o me touching them. I was funneling dilitaing top to bottom not bottom to top. i was really animic..5.nsomthing whe it is expose to be 11. something. also with the preeclamsea i couldnt walk. i move one leg had to drag the other. b4 i was allowed a c-sec had to have 2 blood transfusions. almost died in recovery.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Well i wouldnt recommend it if your 36 weeks you should atleast wait to try anything ontill 38 when you are "full term" I wanted my son out so bad but I didnt do no oil thing lol I just walked ALOT and had ALot of sex.. and after a wonderful night I wok up at 2 in the morning in labor!
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 7:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I AM SURE THAT YOU ARE MISERABLE. BUT TTHE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS TO KEEP THAT BABY IN THERE. JUST TO BE SAFE, I WOULDN'T START DOING ANY " INDUCINGLABOR TRICKS" UNTIL YOUR ABOUT 38 WEEKS. WHEN I WAS ABOUT THAT STAGE IN MY PREGNANCIES, I JUST STARTED STRETCHING ALOT, AND HAVING ALOT OF SEX. AND I HAD BOTH OF THEM SHORTLY AFTER MY LITTLE TRICKS...SO I WOULD SAY HOLD OFF, LET THE BABY COOK FOR A LIL LONGER.
    wifey334

Answer by wifey334 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think at this point you should put your miserableness aside and just remember that it is the baby that will have to suffer. I think it is very selfish that you want to put your child in danger of having developmental problems because you are in pain.
    Anonymous

• all it will do is gives you the runs anyway and you can make the baby poop before even born and that can harm the baby., so don't do it
    Anonymous