Is it possible

i breastfed the whole 4 days i was in the hospital and mostly breastfed and 1-2 bottles of formula a day until about my baby was weeks. i took a pain pill(had a c section) and the next day i almost dried up. if i squeeze my boobs a couple drops will come out. my question is is it possible to start breastfeeding and pumping and my supply will come back because im not completly dried up?

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely. You could start nursing even if you'd NEVER lactated. First, see if baby will latch on. If so, then just make sure to nurse on demand, as often and as long as baby wants to. How old is baby and how long since you last nursed? I can offer many other tips, but the more information I have, the more specific I can get with the tips.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• she will be 8 weeks tomorrow. she hasnt nursed since about2-3 weeks but about a week or so ago i tried to pump and got a little bit out
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Have you tried to latch her on? If so, what happened? If not, try to latch on about half an hour before she is due for her next feeding and let me know what happens.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2011